Dates burfi is a super healthy, nutritious, and sugarless dessert made with Dates (Khajur), nuts, and ghee.
Dates burfi is an Indian dessert also called Khajur ki mithai. It is an easy and delicious sweet dessert, which just so happens to be a healthier dessert. There is no need to add additional sweetness as it’s already sweet. Dates burfi can be made on any occasion or celebration and can be shared with friends or family.
Date burfi is a kid-friendly dessert, and most importantly, date burfi can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 weeks. Making this dessert is so simple, require less ingredient, and less time. I have given this burfi a flat round shape. If you want to save a little extra time, you can make it a laddu shape. Find the recipe video and written recipe below. Please check out more healthy dessert recipes on the website.
If you try this recipe, I would love to know how it turned out. Please tag your picture with #tangyhoney on my Instagram or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Feel free to ask me any questions related to my recipes. See you very soon in my next healthy recipe. Stay healthy…
Dates Burfi Recipe Video:
Prep. time: 40 mins Cooking time: 10 mins
- Dates- 1 cup (250gm)
- Dry-fruits- 1/2 cup (chopped almond, cashew, and pistachio)
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- coconut flakes – 2 tbsp (for coating or garnishing )
Let’s Begin: How to make Dates Burfi
- First, chop the dates and make a coarsely ground paste.
- In a heated pan, add 1 tbsp of ghee and roast the dry fruits for 5 minutes on low-medium flame.
- In the same pan, add ghee along with the date paste. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring the dates frequently so they do not burn.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir until the date mixture forms a paste.
- Now, time to add all the dry- fruit, stir them until all combine.
- Turn off the flame and keep it aside for some time. Once you can handle the mixture, Use aluminum foil, apply some ghee and roll the mixture like a log.
- Coat the exterior of the log with coconut flakes and wrap with foil.
- Keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes, and then cut it into slices.
- Serve this Dates burfi at room temperature.
- You can keep this burfi at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.
Please follow us on:
Please let us know if you like our recipes and what you would like to see next.