Soya nuggets are a rich source of protein and are considered meat analog for vegetarians. Chili Soya Nugget is my attempt to reach out to my vegetarian followers and present something different from our regular daily cuisines. It is very easy to make and does not take much time. I hope you will like this recipe.
Try this recipe and let me know if you like it. Feel free to ask me any question related to my recipes in the comment box section.
If you try this recipe, I would love to know how it turned out. Please tag your picture with #tangyhoney on my Instagram or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. See you very soon in my next healthy recipe. Stay healthy…
Prep. time: 15 mins Cooking time: 20 mins Serve: 2
- Soya chunks (soya nuggets): 1 cups
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Red Chili powder: ½ tsp
- Salt: 1 tsp or as per your taste
- Water: 3 cups
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Onion: 1 (small size)
- Capsicum (Bell pepper): 1 (I used 3 different colors of bell pepper, but it’s totally optional)
- Green chili: 1 or as per your taste
- Garlic: 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger: 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Tomato sauce: 2 tbsp
- Sriracha hot chili sauce: 2 tsp or as per your taste
- Worcestershire sauce or Soy sauce: 2tbsp
- Cornstarch: 1 tbsp
- Cilantro (coriander) or Scallions (onion leaves): for garnish
Step 1: Boil and Sauté soya nuggets
- Take 3 cups of water and completely immerse 1 cups of soya nuggets in it.
- Add a pinch of salt and boil it for 7-8 minutes.
- After boiling it for 7-8 minutes, soya nuggets should be soft and spongy.
- Remove from heat and rinse well in cold water. Press firmly to remove extra water.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, and red chili powder on the firmly pressed soya nuggets.
- Mix them very well.
- In a heated pan, add a spoon full of oil and soya nuggets.
- Saute them for 5-6 minutes on medium heat.
Step 2: Make the sauce
- Take Capsicum, onion, and chili. Cut into square pieces. (I have used colorful bell pepper)
- In a heated pan, add ginger and garlic. Stir them for 30 seconds.
- Now add onion, bell pepper, and a pinch of salt. Stir them and let them cook for 7 to 8 minutes on medium heat and remember to stir every 1 minute.
- When capsicum is half cooked add all the sauces (soy, tomato, and sriracha hot chili) mix them well and cover it for about 1 min on low heat.
- Now add the cornstarch to make the curry thicken.
- First, mix the cornstarch with ½ cup of cold water.
- Then add in the sauce, mix then and cook it for another 2 minutes for the low flame.
- Now add sautéed soya nuggets.
- Mix well and cover it for about 5 minutes on low heat (don’t forget to stir in between).
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped cilantro leaves or Scallions (green onions leaves) and sesame seeds.
- Serve Chili Soya Nuggets with Roti/Paratha/Puri.
Please follow us on:
Please let us know if you like our recipes and what would you like to see next