Macaroni is a dry pasta that has the shape of narrow tubes. It is also known as ‘Elbow Pasta’ owing to its curved shape. This is usually cut in short lengths. Traditionally it is a Continental recipe, but the interesting ability to get perfectly integrated with many others. Noodle is another traditional food of East Asia. It consists of long thin strips mainly made from flour and water. It is cooked in boiling water and stir-fried or can be used in soups.
Here, we bring macaroni and noodle into a single dish. It is simple and very easy to make in a short time using very few ingredients.
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Dry Noodles (thin): 2 bunches
- Dry Macaroni: 1 cup
- Onion: 1 medium size (thick sliced)
- Capsicum/Bell Pepper: 1 (roughly chopped in large pieces)
- Green Chillies/Green Peppers (optional): 2 (roughly chopped)
- Corn (Frozen): 1 cup
- Dark Soya Sauce: 2 tbs
- Tomato Ketchup: 2 tbs
- Chilli Sauce (Optional): 1 tbs
- Chilli Vinegar (Optional): 1 tbs
- Garam Masala (powdered): 1/teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Cooking Oil: 3 tbs
- Pre-boil 4 cups of water in a kettle and add it to a pot to cook the macaroni and the noodles.
- Put the pot with the water on the stove on high heat and add the macaroni.
- Allow the macaroni to cook in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Remember to stir it occasionally else it would stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Meanwhile, cut the onion, capsicum, and green chilies/peppers.
- After 3 minutes add the noodles to the pot and cook for another 2 minutes with occasional stirring.
- Put a wok or a deep frying pan on the stove and add the cooking oil to it.
- Add the onions and stir-fry on super-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum, green chilies/pepper, and corn to the onions and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, strain the macaroni and noodles in a pasta strainer.
- Now add the soya sauce, tomato ketchup, chili sauce, chili vinegar, and salt to the veggies and mix well.
- Cook on medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the pasta and noodles to the pot now. Sprinkle the garam masala and mix well on high heat for 30 seconds.
- Turn off the heat and Woolah…!!
- It’s ready. Plate it and eat it…!!
Please follow us on:
Please let us know if you like our recipes and what you would like to see next.