I’m always looking for new ways to sneak in some veggies in my daily meal. This dish is the perfect example of a healthy and low-calorie meal. Making these fritters are unbelievably easy, and a perfect way to get a healthy portion of veggies.
When we heard the word “fritter” only a word comes in our mind, which is heavy or deep-fried food, but these zucchini fritters are as light and delicate as it can be. Shredded zucchini is combined with flour, onion, pepper, egg, and, cilantro, and then sauteed in very less amount of the oil until crisp/golden brown on the exterior and tender on the interior. The egg is totally optional for this recipe If you want to make it vegan. You can substitute egg with the zucchini water to make your batter soften if it requires.
The best part is that you can serve them as a snack, an appetizer, or even a light dinner. I love them best as a light vegetarian snack with some hot coffee or tea in the evening.
For more snacks recipes that go very well with Tea/Coffee, check garlic roasted peanut, mathri, samosa, and ghugni. Try those out and please let me know if you have any question related to the recipes. Thank you!!
If you try this recipe, I would love to know how it turned out. Please tag your picture with #tangyhoney on my Instagram or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. See you very soon in my next healthy recipe. Stay healthy…
Prep. time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Serve: 2
- Zucchini: 2 (Grated)
- All-purpose flour: 1 cup
- Onion: 1 small size (finely chopped)
- Pepper: ½ tsp or as per taste
- Ginger: 1 tbsp (finely chopped/grated)
- Egg: 1(optional)
- Oregano leaves: 1tsp
- Red chili flex: 1 Tsp
- Cilantro leaves: ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Salt: ½ tsp or as per taste
- Oil: 6 to 8 tbsp or as required
Let’s begin: How to Make Zucchini Fritters with step by step photos –
- In a large bowl grate 2 zucchini. (Don’t be confused about this picture, I have taken a yellow and a green zucchini to make it colorful. It’s totally optional to add two colors of zucchini)
- Add salt in the grated zucchini, mix it well and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Using the clean kitchen towel, drain the excess water from zucchini.
- Now in the bowl, combine all rest of the ingredients (mentioned above).
- Combine them well and start shallow firing them immediately.
- In a heated pan, add 2 to 3 tbsp of oil at a time and spread it all over the pan.
- Scoop tablespoons of zucchini batter for each fritter, flattening with a spatula and cook until the underside is nicely golden brown, about 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Flip them and cook on the other side, about 2 or 3 minutes longer.
Serve them immediately with sour cream/tomato ketchup/yogurt or any sauce.
Please follow us on:
Please let us know if you like our recipes and what would you like to see next