Chili Tofu is a vegan, gluten-free dish, which is packed with lots of protein and veggies.
I have prepared this recipe based on an Indo-Chinese recipe called chili Paneer. Paneer is an Indian cottage cheese that’s usually sold in blocks, just like tofu. They even have similar textures, but the tofu, of course, is far healthier. If you would like to make chili paneer, follow the same recipe instructions, just replace the tofu with the paneer.
Find written Recipe and video below.
Chilli Tofu can be serve as an appetizer. I like to pair it with hot stir-fried noodles or white rice. This dish is a delicious starter for parties or potluck as well. Surely, this dish will be a winner in your menu. If you have never tried this dish before then definitely try it. I know you are gonna love it.
I have shared a similar recipe Chili soy nuggets and Chili Chicken recipe. If you are interested, do check them out. Please, let me know if you like this recipe. Feel free to ask me any questions related to my recipes.
If you try this recipe, I would love to know how it turned out. Please tag your picture with #tangyhoney on my Instagram or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. See you very soon in my next healthy recipe. Stay healthy…
Prep. time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes Serve: 2
For frying Tofu–
- Extra-firm Tofu – 500gm
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Garlic powder – 1tsp
- salt – 1tsp or as required
For making the chilli-
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Chopped garlic – 2 tbsp
- Bell peppers – 2 (cut into square shape)
- Onion – 1 small (cut into square shape)
- Soy sauce – 2tbsp
- Chili sauce – 1tbsp
- Tomato sauce – 2tbsp
- Corn starch – 1 tsp Salt – 1/2tsp or as required
- Water – 6 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add tofu cubes, garlic powder, and salt. Sauté the tofu on each side for 5 minutes on medium-high heat till light brown. Once it’s done keep it aside.
- Now, in the same pan heat oil and add chopped fresh garlic. Stir it till translucent, and then add bell peppers and onion. Let them cook for about 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Time to add all the sauce, add soy sauce, chili sauce, tomato sauce, and salt. stir them well and let the peppers and onion cook in the sauce for about 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add corn starch water stir it and then add the sautéed Tofu. Carefully coat the tofu with the sauce and cover the pan. Now turn the flame on low and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Chilli tofu is ready to sever now, Garnish with some fresh cilantro leaves and sesame seeds, serve it hot with white or brown rice.
Please follow us on:
Please let us know if you like our recipes and what would you like to see next.