Paneer Tikka Masala is a popular Indian curry where paneer (cheese) get marinated in the yogurt and other spices and is cooked in a tomato based creamy curry. This dish goes very well with naan/rice/paratha. Paneer tikka masala is a vegetarian alternative to chicken tikka masala. If you are a chicken lover, just replace paneer with chicken in this recipe and follow the rest of the steps as it is.
I have used two steps to make this dish. First, made paneer tikka and second, to make masala, which is the curry part of it. For making the paneer tikka, marinate the paneer pieces with yogurt and some spices and then pan roast or bake them before adding them in the curry. Marination is important steps for this recipe. If you have enough time, marinate the paneer for overnight or if you decided to make this dish right away then marinate the paneer pieces for at least 20 minutes.
For the masala, onions, tomatoes, and other spices cooked together. And the paneer tikkas are finally added to the masala. For making the masala I have used the canned tomato puree, but it is totally optional. You can always use the fresh grind tomato to make this yummy curry. Paneer tikka masala is ready to serve!! Garnish it with have heavy cream and dried methi leaves and serve hot!!
If you try this recipe, I would love to know how it turned out. Please tag your picture with #tangyhoney on my Instagram or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. See you very soon in my next healthy recipe. Stay healthy…
More vegetarian healthy recipes from the blog-
- Dal Makhani
- Curried Eggplant
- Chickpea Masala Recipe
- Mustard Green With Potato
- Chickpea saag soup
- Sauteed Mushroom Spinach
- Zucchini fritters
- Banana soup
- Chili soy nuggets
- Chana Masala
Prep. time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Serve: 4
For the Paneer Tikka
- Paneer: 1 pound
- Yogurt: 4 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder: 1tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1tsp
- Ginger powder: 1tsp
- Garlic powder: 1tsp
- Salt: 1tbsp
- Oil: 4 tbsp
For the Masala/curry
- Tomato Puree/fresh grind tomato: 1 cup
- Onion: 1 large size (finely chopped)
- Ginger powder/paste: 1 Tsp
- Garlic paste: 1 Tsp
- Salt: 1 tbsp Or as needed
- Red chili powder: 1 Tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1 Tsp
- Garam Masala powder: 1 Tsp
- Fenugreek/methi leaves: 1tbsp
- Heavy cream: 1/2 cup
- Butter: 2 tbsp
Let’s begin: How to Make Paneer Tikka Masala with step by step photos
- Assemble all the ingredients for marination.
- In a large bowl, take yogurt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger powder, garlic power, and slat. Mix all the spices along with yogurt.
- Now, coat the paneer with the yogurt mixed spices. And let it marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Now, In a non-stick pan add oil and roast the few paneer pieces at a time till golden brown in color from both sides. Do the same process the to roast the remain paneer pieces.
- Heat butter in a pan. Once it’s hot add cumin seeds and allow those seed to crack.
- Now add the methi leaves, chopped onions, ginger, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Fry until onions turn light brown in color.
- Once onions are done, add the tomato puree, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, and mix them well.
- Cook them together on low heat for about 10 minutes or until the butter separates out.
- Don’t forget to stir in between.
- Now add 1 cups of water mix it well and allow it to boil. And then add the paneer tikka, mix them in the curry and let them cook for about 5 minutes on simmer.
- Once paneer gets soften then stir and add cream and dried methi leaves.
- Let it cook for about 1 more minute and then turn off the flame.
- Garnish with some heavy cream and dried methi leaves and serve it hot.
Serve Paneer tikka masala with naan/rice/Paratha.
Please follow us on:
Please let us know if you like our recipes and what would you like to see next.