Chickpeas Saag Soup is a very healthy and satisfying dish, which can be served in either lunch or dinner. This recipe requires minimal ingredients and very less effort. The main ingredients of this soup are chickpeas and Saag. As you know, chickpea is full of protein and Saag has lots of fibers. If you want to eat a carb-less diet than this recipe is for you.
For this recipe, I have used dried chickpeas that are cooked in an instant pot/pressure cooker. It takes little efforts when you prepare chickpeas at home, but it is totally worth it. Fresh chickpeas made from scratch taste so much better than the pre-cooked/canned chickpeas. However, if you don’t have the time it’s totally fine to use canned/pre-cooked chickpeas for this soup.
Saag means any kind of cooked greens. In this soup, I have used Chinese spinach (Poro leaves) but you can choose your favorite greens for this recipe. Making this soup is very simple, first, I have sautéed saag with ginger, garlic, and onion and then added the cooked chickpeas and water. To make the soup a little thicken, I have added cheddar cheese. If you are following the vegan diet, you can use 2 tbsp of mashed/blended chickpeas to make your soup thicken. This soup can be served with rice/quinoa or any flatbread or a big soup bowl.
Make this easy, healthy soup and let me know how it went. Shoot me any question related to my recipe. I would love to hear from you.
- Chicken Saag with quinoa
- Chili chicken
- Instant chicken biryani
- Pineapple chicken
- Peanut butter chicken
- Chicken Masala
- Baked chicken with veggies
- Coconut chicken curry
- Peanut butter chicken kabobs
- Coconut chicken kabobs
More vegetarian healthy recipes from the blog-
- Chickpeas beans salad
- Chickpea salad
- Eggplant peanut curry
- Sauteed Mushroom Spinach
- Zucchini fritters
- Banana soup
- Chili soy nuggets
- Chana Masala
If you try this recipe, I would love to know how it turned out. Please tag your picture with #tangyhoney on my Instagram or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. See you very soon in my next healthy recipe. Stay healthy…
Prep. time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Serve: 2
- Chinese Spinach (poro leaves): 1 pound
- Chickpeas: 1 cup (boiled/cooked)
- Onion: 1 medium size (finely chopped)
- Ginger: 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Garlic: 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Salt: 2 Tsp or as needed
- Cilantro leaves: ¼ cup
- Cheddar cheese: ½ cup (optional)
- How to Make Chickpeas Saag Soup with step by step photos –
- Drain the soaked chickpeas overnight, presser cook with a tsp of salt and set aside.
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Heat oil in a pan, add ginger, garlic, and onion. Stir them well and cook them for about 2 to 3 minutes till light brown on medium heat.
- Now, add the roughly chopped saag. Stir them and cook them for about 3 minutes.
- Add salt and mix them.
- Add chickpeas and stir them. Cook them together for about a minute.
- Add 1½ cup of water and let them boil.
- Once it starts boiling add cheddar cheese.
Mix them well and turn off the flame.
- Chickpeas Saag soup is ready to serve.
Garnish with cheddar cheese and cilantro leaves and serve it hot.
Please follow us on:
Please let us know if you like our recipes and what would you like to see next